A step up in complexity for the home bartender, but well worth the effort. Zippy and herbaceous with bright rhubarb and anise notes from fennel.
- 50ml Melbourne Dry Gin
- 20ml Lemon juice
- 20ml Home Made Rhubarb Syrup (see below)
- 2 sprigs Fennel
- 1 Rhubarb ribbon (slice length of rhubarb with vegetable peeler)
- Combine Melbourne Dry Gin, lemon juice, rhubarb syrup and fennel sprig in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake with ice and strain into a tumbler.
- Top with ice and garnish with a fennel sprig and rhubarb ribbon.
- 250ml Water
- 250g White sugar
- 100g Rhubarb, sliced into chunks
- Combine sugar and water on the stove on medium heat and stir until dissolved.
- Add rhubarb, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then allow to cool. Blend until smooth, then strain with a fine sieve. Store in the fridge for up to 1 month.